Decanting Complexity to Approachability: The design concept for Secretariat’s office space draws inspiration from a glass of red wine, symbolizing the transformation of complexity into an approachable experience. Secretariat specializes in arbitration and litigation services related to various complex fields such as Construction Delay, Construction Damages, Data Solutions, and more. Despite the complexity of their services, they aim to come across as highly approachable to their clients, combining sophistication with an attention to detail and research-driven approach.
The values of integrity, quality, and objectivity upheld by Secretariat are symbolically tied to the racehorse Secretariat, known for holding records in all three of its constituent races. The office’s branding, including its logo derived from horseshoes and the use of the color red (a reference to Secretariat’s nickname, Big Red), is a nod to this heritage.
The design integrates specific details to elevate the overall space without overcomplicating it:
- Cove lighting with red accents subtly references the brand.
- Changes in ceiling height, marked by RED AXIOM trim details, provide wayfinding and incorporate the brand’s color without overwhelming.
- Soft curves, inspired by the horseshoe logo, are featured in glass partitions, cove ceilings, and built-in booths.
- Tone-on-tone signage within the elevator lobby with small red accents and lighting maintains a tailored look while delivering strong branding.
- Simple molding wall designs at the stairs create a significant impact without excessive costs or complexity.
- A mix of formal and informal meeting areas, including booths and casual conference rooms, caters to various interaction styles.
- The design emphasizes a seamless, clean, and timeless aesthetic throughout.
General Contractor: Peris Construction
MEP Engineering: Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Photography: Spielmann Studio